Guidelines for Pajama Day
Our “Free Dress Day” for the month of December is a “special day”. On our last school day before Christmas break, Friday, December 20, St. Nicholas Catholic School will have a “PAJAMA DAY”.
To be able to participate in this fun day students need to bring in one dollar.This day is designed to create school spirit and have some fun. Part of that involves everyone’s cooperation in following the guidelines. Remember we are in school, not at home; even though we are wearing pajamas, our dress must be appropriate for being out in public.
- All pajamas must be in good taste.
- Footie Pajamas are okay. Feet should have some type of non-slip surface on the bottom. Must still be able to wear shoes for outside recess.
- Must have top and bottom, no pajama dresses.
- No “back flap” PJs.
- Loose sweats and t-shirt type shirts are okay. (heavier shirts, such as sweat shirts are okay)
- Any bottoms worn must go past the knee. (no shorts).
- There may NOT be any writing on the rear-end of the pants.
- Appropriate words down the leg are okay - (school or sports team or brand names are okay).
- Logos must be appropriate.
- Tops must have sleeves; you may not wear a tank-top style top.
- For safety reasons, proper footwear is required.
- No slippers are allowed to be worn to outside recess.
- Robes are acceptable (uniform or dress code must be followed underneath robe)
Each classroom will be viewing a movie in their classroom during the morning. Students may bring blankets to lay on during the movie. Please DO NOT send treats. The school will provide healthy snacks during the movie. Thank you.